Friday 28 September 2012

The Real World

For most, wildlife is viewed through the window of a fast-moving vehicle on a paved highway on the way to wherever it is those type of folks go. These are the folks that are often eaten up by animal-rights activists and save-the-world eco's bent on putting an end to our outdoor pursuits. With this blog, my hope is to educate some of those 60-mile-an-hour drive-by folks into understanding what we do, why we do it, and how it brings us closer to the earth and the bounty she provides. And if that doesn't happen, well then so be it, and to hell with them, because I make no excuses for what we do. I know that what we take from this earth is given to us and I believe it is a relationship that we and the earth understand. As hunters, anglers and trappers, we take no more than what is offered, and in turn, we protect and give back more than what we take. This is the relationship that outdoorsmen and women and the earth have come to share. It is not a relationship taken lightly, but rather a relationship built on necessity.

This blog will mostly consist of stories from my trapline, but I will also share the odd hunting or fishing adventure as well. I hope you follow me on this journey and enjoy the fruits of this earth as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment