Friday 28 September 2012

Some winter pics of the country

These photos were taken in March of 2012, shortly after I acquired the trapline. One of the first things I did was explore. However, there was about four feet of snow on the bush trails so, not knowing what was under that four feet of snow, exploring was limited to the wider trails and roads.

The photo below is the road into my trapline. The hill in the photo is about an 400-foot drop and often requires the use of chains to get up it. In fact, without a set of chains, traveling up this hill would be at your own peril.

The road into my trapline. Getting up this hill is difficult without the use of tire chains.

Last winter, seismic crews were working in the area looking for oil and gas deposits. They created a maze of new cutlines that crisscross the country. In the photo below, which is the highest point on my trapline at 4300-plus feet, you can see how they plowed the trail for their crews. I'm still not sure why because their mode of transportation was by skidoo.

The highest point on my trapline at 4300-plus feet.

This photo is looking towards the northwest from a far eastern point. I will have nothing set on this side and have in fact only been to this spot once. In time, I will rotate parts of the trapline, eventually working my way here.

Looking to the northwest. Everything you can see is on my trapline.

One of two main pipelines that run through my trapline.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment