Monday 29 October 2012

Beaver finished!

Skinned and boarded both the big beaver and the kit last week. Today they were ready to come off the boards. The kit appears to be fairly prime but the big guy is lacking in many different ways. Doubt either will command much of a price but I did manage to get nearly 60 fist-sized chunks of meat and fat bagged and ready for use on the trapline as bait.

Beaver pelts ready for auction.

Dakota and I are heading up Wednesday night and we'll be setting some mink sets and putting his squirrel snares to the proper side of the poles. We've got nine marten boxes sitting there doing nothing so we'll use them for the mink sets. Hopefully we'll have everything set by early afternoon Thursday.

I'd also like to get as many traps put in the marten boxes as I can. Just laid in there until I'm ready to start setting later in the month - I want the marten to prime up a little bit more yet. Not sure how much snow is up there but from watching the weather there might be 6-inches. Not enough to use the skidoo yet, but it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment